Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Renaissance Master, I am Not

No, I can't really compare to Tiziano Vecelli, (aka. Titian) but I was asked to try anyway. My assignment this week for my painting class was to choose a renaissance painting and copy it. I chose The Penitent Magdalene, for some reason I thought it might be one of the easier options. "Easy" being relative, the Italian Renaissance is when just about every one of the well known masters of painting was active, including all the Ninja Turtles :)

I spent about 5 hours working on it between two days. Titian of course probably spent months working on it. But anyway here's what I ended up with.


Trying to redo someone else's work is not my idea of fun. I think the best part of my version is the "happy little tree" at top right. Hopefully this is the last time I need to do this.

~Adam