Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday is Art Day for Adam

Over the summer I'm working full time and between that and the many nights I have obligated myself to other things I don't have as much free time as I'd like to just do art. (run-on much?) But I'm taking off every tuesday just to get things done around the house and work on whatever project I have in my head at the time.

This week's Illustration Friday topic is "Portrait". So I decided to do a mosaic/collage portrait of Natalie Portman, because she is hot. I got started on it today, it's much harder than I imagined and I'm afraid it's not going to turn out all that great, but, what the hell. Here's my progress so far.

In the middle of working on this I got distracted (never!) and ended up doing a digital speed painting inspired by Mathias Verhasselt.


Just wanted to put something up for the day. I should get bad to work on the collage.
~Adam