Sunday, May 27, 2007

Painting II Recap : Part 1

Well, I've done a ton of work over the past semester and have been mostly too busy to post any of it here, as you may have noticed by the lack of posts. So over the next few weeks I'm going to try to post more frequently with current work as well as the work I did while in school.

Here's the first painting I did. A still life of an apple and banana sitting in a bucket, and that's an egg over on the left edge. I thought it turned out fairly well, but my teacher only gave me a 'B'. He said I needed to apply the paint thicker.

18"x24"
oil on canvas

While we're on the topic of fruit I figured I'd post this fruit bowl alla prima again. (this photo is a little better) We did these paintings once a week as practice during the first half of the semester.

13.5"x9.5
oil on paper

~Adam