Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Color Splash Art

Well I finally sat down and tried to do some Andy Lee style art like I've been saying I would. It is, of course, not nearly as easy as he makes it look. But as I went on I think there's improvement.

The first is a match between Sagat and Ryu of Street Fighter. I wanted to do something for Illustration Friday's topic, "match", and I had action figures of those two characters. It was my first attempt at the style, so it's not great, but fun to do.

The next is a character I created, and am still trying to get the look of him down. I actually had Andy paint a couple ideas of him for me after I described him. Here and Here. Here's mine.

And finally, I was running out of ideas and this splash just looked like a weird face, so that's what I went with. I think this one actually turned out best of them all.


Enough for now, I'm sure I'll get better as I go.
~Adam