Monday, October 02, 2006

Drawing and Splash for Painting : Week 5

I decided to start working a little early on my painting for this week, the last few I had done the day before they were due. I looked around for a good spot to work from with an interesting view. I went with the porch of the master bedroom, as seen in my recent diptych. I did a couple sketches of different view to see what looked good.


I decided the view of the clematis and the side of the house looked better so I did some further study by doing a couple quick splash paintings. Here's one :

I'll get started on the final painting tomorrow. It's going to be 20"x20" on canvas. The layout will obviously be slightly different because it's square instead of rectangular. Hopefully I can keep a similar composition because I like where it's going.

~Adam